Do you have questions about the workshop? Feel free to email us.
Brooke Marston, US Department of State
Tom Patterson, US National Park Service (retired)
Alex Tait, National Geographic Society
Click to make room reservations, which includes all meals.This is the default reservations page at Snow Mountain Ranch and some options do not apply to our group. Carefully read the instructions below before making reservations.
1) Although the reservations page says that you can have up to six people in a room, we have made arrangements with Snow Mountain Ranch for only single ($132 per night) or double ($85 per person per night) occupancy rooms. There is no cost savings to having more than two people per room.
2) If you are sharing a double room with a roommate, only one person can make the room reservation with a credit card. You and your roommate must decide who will use their credit card. Warning: If both of you make reservations, it will be counted twice and you will be charged for an unoccupied room. Snow Mountain Ranch can split the bill between two credit cards when you check out.
3) To stay for the full workshop, select 11 April as your arrival date and that you will stay for four nights. To extend your stay either before or after the workshop, Snow Mountain Ranch asks that you instead make your reservation by phone. Call (888) 613-9622. Be sure to mention that you are with ICA Mountain Cartography group.
Greetings mountain cartographers!
Below you will find the workshop form and a link for room . Note that Snow Mountain Ranch where we are staying is handling room reservations separately from the workshop registration. You will need to do both.
Please us if you have any questions or problems.
Brooke Marston, Tom Patterson, and Alex Tait
Rocky Mountain National Park
The workshop registration fee is $45 per participant, which is in addition to room and board at Snow Mountain Ranch.
Pay online here or with cash at the workshop. ATMs are available at Snow Mountain Ranch. If you opt for cash, we will provide you with a receipt at the workshop.
Driving to the Snow Mountain Ranch takes two hours from Denver International Airport. Snow Mountain Ranch is located at 1101 County Road 53, Granby, Colorado 80446. GPS Coordinates: Latitude 39.992565 | Longitude -105.926385
Use this link () to find rides with other workshop participants from Denver Airport (DEN) to Snow Mountain Ranch, and this link () for finding rides from Snow Mountain Ranch to DEN. After you have found someone to share a ride with, make sure to exchange flight information and mobile phone numbers.
Airport Shuttle Service
For shuttle transportation from Denver International Airport to Snow Mountain Ranch (and back), contact at (800) 359-7536. The price is $88 one-way ($73 for 3 or more people).
Amtrak runs daily from Union Station in Denver to Fraser, Colorado. Call (800) USA-RAIL for more information. the workshop organizers if you will need a ride from the Fraser train station. Uber and Lyft are not available.
Distance from Snow Mountain Ranch to:
Grocery store – 7.3 miles (11.7 km)
Amtrak Train Station – 9.1 miles (14.6 km)
Never Summer Brewing – 9.2 miles (14.8 km)
Winter Park Ski Area – 15.8 miles (25.4 km)
Rocky Mountain National Park – 26.4 miles (42.5 km)
Denver International Airport – 103 miles (166 km)
Weather and Conditions
Current road conditions:
Winter Park Resort:
We are sorting the abstracts and will post the workshop program here when available.
Tuesday, April 11
• Afternoon arrival, check-in
• Evening social / introductions
• Keynote address
Wednesday and Thursday, April 12 and 13
• Early morning workshop session
• Coffee break
• Late morning workshop session
• Early afternoon workshop session
• Coffee break
• Late afternoon workshop session
• Evening activities (TBA)
Friday, April 14
• Outdoor recreation day*
• Evening activities (TBA)
Saturday, April 15
• Morning departure, check-out
* Outdoor recreation day could change to Wednesday or Thursday depending on weather.
We will announce Outdoor Recreation Day activities here when the workshop date draws closer. Most of the outdoor activities depend on snow cover.
Optional evening entertainment is also being planned, including the 2020 Mountain Trivia Challenge, a test of your mountain knowledge worldwide. To get a sense of what might be asked, check out previous challenges and . An evening excursion to Never Summer Brewing, a craft brewery in the nearby town of Granby, is a possibility.
Last update: January 3, 2023